Would you like to dye your pond with products that are safe for animals and people? We have dye that will limit sunlight penetration and lower water temperature, reducing the amount of excess nutrients. Treats 2,500 to 2.5 million gallons
USE BLACK POND DYE TO IMPROVE WATER QUALITY
Our all-natural black pond dyes are an essential step in maintaining control of aquatic vegetation once the ecological balance has been restored through the use of other Healthy Ponds products.
Healthy Ponds Reflection Black Pond Water Colorants limit sunlight penetration and lower water temperature, reducing the amount of excess nutrients.
Our black pond dyes are the choice of golf course superintendents across the country, as it turns the water into a beautiful reflective surface and looks more natural in the golf course setting.
They are also ideal for ponds, lakes, farm livestock, and aquascapes. They come in two easy-to-use application types including granules and water-soluble bags.
For maximum effect, Healthy Ponds Reflection Black Pond Water Colorant is best used in conjunction with our dispensers and supplements.
Within 24 hours of applying the Healthy Ponds Reflection Black Pond Water Colorant, the pond will take on a beautiful appearance that will reflect the sky.
Our black pond dyes are made from certifiable food-grade quality dyes that are veterinarian approved and safe for fish, plants, pets, and people.
DIRECTION FOR USE:
Calculate pond volume: Length x Width x Depth x 7.5 = Total Gallons
FOR COLORANT 52025
- 2,500 gallons per level spoonful
- One container treats up to 250,000 gallons
- Carefully open. One level spoonful treats 2,500 gallons
- Disperses best when applied upwind
- Follow label instructions
- Retain usage rate records for future reference.
FOR COLORANTS 52012 & 52013
Pond Treatment (based on number of gallons)
- Add one 5 oz. water-soluble bag for every 500,000 gallons of water.
Example: To treat 1,000,000 gallons of water, it requires two 5 oz. water-soluble bags.
- Repeat every 30 days, or as needed to retain the desired color.
- Apply bags from an upwind direction, to aid in product dispersion.
- Gently toss the bag into the middle of the water. Distribute evenly when using multiple bags.
- Allow 24 hours for full dispersion.
- Follow label instructions.
- Retain usage rate records for future reference, and retreat as needed to retain the desired color.
One-half ounce = ½ tablespoon (T.) Healthy Ponds® Pond Water Colorant treats 50,000 gallons
- Calculate ounces of colorant needed to treat pond
Total Gallons ÷ 100,000 = Ounces of product
To treat 50,000 gallons of water, apply 1/2 ounce (½ T.) of pond colorant.
To treat 100,000 gallons of water, apply 1 ounce (1 T.) of pond colorant.
- Measure the needed amount of colorant.
- Broadcast into the pond from multiple locations when possible.
- For dramatic appearance, add additional colorant after waiting 12-24 hours. Monitor color every 30 days, to determine the longevity of color and application frequency. Retail usage rate records for future reference.
HELPFUL APPLICATION TIPS:
Applying the colorant upwind will help it disperse throughout your pond.
Always document and update how much colorant you applied. This will help you determine the timing and amount of product needed for future applications.
Water quality and turbidity will affect the amount of colorant required to maintain the desired effect.
Rainfall, sunlight, and pond conditions will affect how frequently you will need to reapply the colorant.
Always wear gloves, and protect your clothing when applying colorants.