Protect your outdoor water faucet from freezing!
This can attach with a double adapter to a stock tank with plumbing from the top or the side. It will turn on at 37° and drip into the livestock tank.
The freeze miser can also be attached to any outdoor faucet with easy installation. It will protect your pipes and conserve water at the same time.
One area of significant water waste is a result of dripping faucets manually to prevent them from freezing. Typically, the faucet has to be dripping water at a rate that will prevent the faucet from freezing at the coldest temperature anticipated. This method wastes a lot of water. The Freeze Miser™ outdoor faucet freeze protector provides the same method of freeze protection using the least amount of water possible.
Properly installed, the Freeze Miser™ senses the internal water temperature. Its activation temperature is 37°F. Until the activation temperature is attained, no water will be allowed to drip. After the water temperature has dropped to 37°F or slightly below, the Freeze Miser™ will release a minimum amount of water until the internal water temperature is again above 37°F and then stop the water release. Water utilities, water wells, etc. almost always supply water to the end-user that is well above 37°F.
- Do not wrap or insulate Freeze Miser. Doing so will void the warranty!
- The Freeze Miser is not warranted to protect piping systems.
- Faucet must be turned on and supply at least 10 psi to the Freeze Miser.
- Prior to the cold season, it is always a good idea to place the Freeze Miser in a freezer for several hours. Then quickly place on an outdoor faucet and open the faucet. Water should discharge through the Freeze Miser and the flow should stop in a short period of time.
- 2 year limited replacement warranty
- Normally requires 1 minute or less to thread to outdoor faucet
- No tools required.
- Adjust faucet valve to fully open to ensure water pressure is available
- Should there be any seepage around the threads, hand tighten until it stops