Almost everything needs maintenance from time to time, and washers are what are most commonly needed to keep our valves running in top shape. They are easily replaceable in the field.
- Rubber Washers (some people call these O rings and some call them gaskets) are available in two sizes:
- Small for all standard valves- 3/4”, 1”, 1 1/4”, 1 1/2”
- Large for all high volume valves- 1 1/4”, 1 1/2”
- Washers for Riser Kits:
- Galvanized washer for riser kit (any size)
- Belted rubber washer for riser kit (any size)
- How often you need to replace them will depend on water pressure and the particles that come through the valve.
- Some people replace them after 5-7 years, some every winter, and some every 6 months.
- A card will come with them to walk you through replacement.