New? Start Here!
Check out Best Float Valve options and most frequently asked questions. When determining what to order, our stock tank float valve kits will run successfully in any type of water tank. There is no minimum pressure required for our livestock tank float valves.
Best Float Valve Kit Options
Up to 90 psi
Up to 120 psi
Up to 45 psi and work well with gravity flow
Air Gap and Electric Float Switch Kits
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best type of water trough for these valves?
- Our float valves will perform well in every type of stock tank- tire tanks, steel, poly tanks, and concrete troughs included.
2. What is your inlet diameter? We have four sizes available.
- 3/4" (regular and stainless valve)
- 1" (regular and stainless valve)
- 1 1/4" (regular, stainless, and high volume valve)
- 1 1/2" (regular and high volume valve)
3. What type of arm do you need on your valve?
- Straight arm- the most common and can be used with tanks plumbed from the bottom and the top
- Bent arm- for tire tanks with risers, when the inlet pipe rises higher than normal, or if you want more space (we recommend at least 6" from the valve to the top of the water)
- 90º arm- can be mounted on a pipe coming from the side
- 24" valve arm- extremely high pressure
4. Are you interested in top-level water level adjustment?
5. Should you order any extra parts?
- Poppet washers do need to be switched out occasionally. We recommend ordering a couple to have on hand.
6. Is there a catalog to download?
7. Do you have any installation tips?
8. How quickly will they arrive?
- We typically ship UPS. The orders go out within 1-2 business days depending on the time of order placement and the time of the UPS pickup that day.