New? Start Here!
When determining what to order:
Best Float Valve Kit Options:
- Standard Float Valve Kit- Our standard float valves will successfully run in any type of water tank and will handle up to 90 p.s.i. Recommended for soft water.
- Premium Kit- This is our most popular kit and handles flow up to 90 p.s.i. Recommended for hard water.
- Stainless Steel Float Valve Kit (Male & Female)- If you have sulfur or other corrosives in your water, we recommend this. It will handle up to 90 p.s.i.
- High Pressure Float Valve Kit- The high pressure kit will run up to 125 p.s.i. and will work well in soft or hard water.
- High Volume/Low Pressure Kit- These kits handle twice the amount of volume as our regular flow kits and work extremely well with gravity flow.
- High Volume/Low Pressure Stainless Kit- These kits handle twice the amount of volume as our regular flow kits and work extremely well with gravity flow. This is recommended if you have sulfur or other corrosives in your water.
- Supreme Float Valve Kit- Our most non-corrosive, longest lasting kit- a fully stainless steel valve and our 12x4" pan float that will handle up to 125 p.s.i.
- Micro Sweeper (Ice Prevention)- It can be plumbed in any type of livestock tank and will attach to any of our ported valves.
- Bleeder Valve- If you need continuous flow, our bleeder valve will attach to any of our ported valves.
- Side Mount Float Valve Kit- Our Side Mount Kit will attach to almost any kind of tank and allows for fast filling from the side or top of your tank with a garden hose.
- Tire Tank Float Valve Mount Kit- If you'd like to plumb your tire tank from the top or the side, our tire tank mount kit will help you do it!
- Electric Float Switch Kit- This kit pairs with an electric pump and uses a sensor to turn the pump off when the tank is full.
- Air Gap Float Valve Kit- If you are concerned with back flow, this is the kit for you. These kits are Grade A Dairy Certified.
1. What is the best type of water trough for these valves?
- Our float valves will perform well in every type of stock tank- tire tanks, poly tanks, and concrete troughs included.
2. What is your inlet diameter? We have four sizes available.
- 1 1/4" (regular and high volume valve)
- 1 1/2" (regular and high volume valve)
3. What type of arm do you need on your valve?
- Straight arm- the most common and can be used with tanks plumbed from the bottom and the top
- Bent arm- for tire tanks with risers, any time the inlet pipe rises higher than normal in the tank. or if you just want more space
- 90º arm- can be mounted on a pipe coming from the side
- We have a 24" valve arm for high pressure
4. How do you figure out if a high volume valve would help you?
- On a 1” pipeline with gravity flow at 5 p.s.i., the standard valve flows up to 13 g.p.m. The high volume valve flows up to 26 g.p.m.
- On a 2” pipeline at 45 p.s.i., the standard valve flows up to 50 g.p.m. The high volume valve flows up to 110 g.p.m.
5. Are best float valves male or female?
- Our regular, premium, air gap, and high volume valve kits come with female valves.
- Our fully stainless valves come in both male and female.
6. Are you interested in easy water level adjustment? Then try our pan floats to adjust the float from the top of the water.
Pan float SizeStandard valve PSI maxHiVol valve PSI max
8" x 4" 60 psi not recommended 8" x 8" 105 psi 50 psi 12" x 4" 125 psi 45 psi 12" x 6" 185 psi 65 psi
7. Should you order any extra parts?
- Our parts rarely need to be replaced, to be honest. The poppet washers do occasionally need to be switched out. We recommend ordering a couple to have on hand.
- Order small poppet washers for regular valves.
- Order large poppet washers for high volume valves.
8. Is there a catalog to download?